App: Alzheimer's & Other Dementias Daily Companion
Your On-the-Go Guide for Dementia Care Advice
How do you deal with a mother who is always accusing you of stealing from her?
That’s a common question asked by many sons and daughters caring for a parent with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. The accusation scenario could just as easily be replaced with: who won’t eat her food, who refuses to shower, who hides her underwear in my purse, who curses at me, who urinates in the bedroom floor vent, or who doesn’t recognize me.
While the situation at hand may differ from day to day and from person to person, the core question remains:
How do I deal?
An App Designed to Help You Deal
We created the Alzheimer’s and Other Dementias Daily Companion App as a pocket guide to help get you through all the dementia care situations you likely never dreamed you’d have to face.
You can download this free app now so when you have a question about the best way to handle a situation, you’ll have quick, helpful tips from experts and other caregivers instantly at your fingertips.
App Overview & Features
The Alzheimer’s and Other Dementias Daily Companion is a mobile app available for download at no cost in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. It offers immediate advice with close to 500 searchable tips and practical solutions to help deal with behaviors and situations related to Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
25 topic categories containing close to 500 searchable pieces of advice from experts and other caregivers regarding:
- Behaviors and situations
- Emotional support
- Helpful resources
- “Ask a Question” submission form if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for
- Functionality to share advice from your own experience for the benefit of other caregivers
- A built-in rating system for users to provide feedback on each tip so caregivers benefit from others’ insight and evaluation of the advice
- 24-hour caregiving assistance available via a toll-free phone number or email submission
- Access to free Alzheimer’s and other dementias caregiver resources and training materials
- Ability to access all of the solutions and tips without Internet connectivity
A Companion to Confidence to Care
This app serves as an on-the-go companion piece to the book Confidence to Care: A Resource for Family Caregivers Providing Alzheimer’s Disease or Other Dementias Care at Home. The book combines personal stories with the same practical tips available through the app to help you confidently deal with the most common issues associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.