How to Gently Exercise an Alzheimer's Patient's Mind
Posted August 6, 2013
- Keep expectations realistic—consider what your loved one can do, rather than what they used to do.
- Stick to short, simple plans—avoid elaborate, multistep activities.
- Keep your comments positive and encouraging.
- Avoid treating your loved one like a child.
- Watch for cues, such as increased distraction or agitation.
- Make the most of the skills and interests your loved one retains.
- Take your time and be patient.
Was this article helpful?