Advice for Helping Your Family Member Keep Good Hygiene
Posted July 23, 2013
- Set the stage for success. Have all products like soap and shampoo lined up and the shower running.
- Check with a local home care provider or medical supply store on products such as soapless shampoo.
- Get a note from the doctor prescribing a shower 1–2 times a week. Sometimes an authority figure besides yourself can help.
- Change the language by calling it a spa or treatment.
- Get your loved one in a good mood by discussing their favorite subject before the shower/bath.
- Try a sponge bath.
Was this article helpful?