Live chat with expert: David Troxel
Communicating with individuals living with dementia can be challenging for caregivers, care partners and family members alike. Join David Troxel, an internationally known expert in Alzheimer’s disease and memory care and author of The Best Friend’s Approach to Alzheimer’s Care, and Home Instead gerontologist and caregiver advocate Lakelyn Hogan to learn practical, effective tips and techniques to approach and improve communication.
Join to learn an overview of how Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias impact communication, in addition to:
- The importance of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Why persons with dementia say “no” often
- The ethics around truth telling
- The power of reminiscence
- Later stage communication