The following tips are provided by the Alzheimer’s Association, the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. ©2013 Alzheimer’s Association, reused with permission.
- Research all care options before deciding which is a good fit.
- Ask providers if they have training in dementia care.
- Familiarize providers with the needs and likes of the person with dementia.
- Know that it’s normal to be apprehensive about changing care.
- Re-evaluate care as needs change.